Application for IMPRS-PMPG and Melbourne-Potsdam PhD Programme:
ONLINE APPLICATION PORTAL
The application portal is CLOSED.
The application deadline has passed and the online application portal has closed (13 February, 2018).
ONLINE APPLICATION PORTAL
The link to the application portal is on the right hand side of this page.
All applications must be submitted via the online application portal. Please note that we can only consider applications that are complete. The application language is English.
Recommended Internet browsers for filling in the form:
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
Please read the following information carefully before you apply.
(1) Application form
Instructions for the application form: Please download the PDF under “Application Instructions” on the right hand side of this page.
The application form is for the IMPRS-PMPG and the Melbourne-Potsdam PhD Programme. With the form, you can apply for:
- the IMPRS-PMPG only
- the Melbourne-Potsdam PhD Programme only
- both programmes at the same time
You will be asked in Section 5 of the online application form which programme you are applying for. Please inform yourself about the two programmes and their requirements on our websites before applying.
Applicants for the IMPRS-PMPG: You will be asked to name three IMPRS faculty members whose research is of interest to you and whose research groups you would like to join should you be a successful candidate. Please inform yourself about the research in our faculty members’ groups and departments before applying. A list of our faculty members can be found at: IMPRS Faculty
Applicants for the Melbourne-Potsdam PhD Programme: You will be asked to name two Melbourne-Potsdam joint projects that are of interest to you. Please inform yourself about the projects available within the current application round before applying. Information about available projects can be found at: Melbourne-Potsdam Application round 2017/2018
TIP: Several fields in the application form require a more detailed answer. It is a good idea to prepare these answers in a separate document before filling in the online form.
Advisory note: Do not try to copy/paste published text pieces, as we will control for plagiarism. Plagiarism will immediately remove your application from further consideration.
(2) Documents to upload
- Personal statement of motivation
- BSc certificate and transcript
- MSc certificate and transcript, if applicable | Note: If you have not yet finished your MSc, please include a preliminary transcript, if possible.
- English test | Note: Candidates for the Melbourne-PhD Programme must meet the UoM English language requirements for Graduate students at the Faculty of Science. Usually, the results of a recent English test (TOEFL, IELTS) are required as proof of English language competence. Please look on the website of the Melbourne-Potsdam PhD Programme for more information. Candidates for the IMPRS-PMPG should include a copy of an English test in their application as well, if they have taken one.
All documents must be uploaded as PDF. Please try to optimize your PDF for size before uploading. Do not upload other formats than PDF, e.g. Word documents or ZIP archives.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE - What happens after I have applied?
We will evaluate all applications in a two-step procedure after the application call has closed. At the end, we will have a shortlist of candidates whom we invite to our interview workshop.
We usually contact referees after the application call has closed. However, please note that we may contact your referees for a reference at an earlier time.
More information about the evaluation and selection procedure and tips for the application and interviews can be found at IMPRS Application.
We look forward to receiving your application - Good luck!