Job offer from May 17, 2023
The Max Planck Institute for Molecular Plant Physiology (MPI MP) located in Potsdam is seeking for a student / scientific assistant (m/f/d) in the group of Prof. Fernie „Central Metabolism“ as soon as possible.
The MPI MP investigates molecular processes that determine the growth and development of plants. The institute has more than 300 employees from all over the world.
Expected work tasks
- Preparation and extraction of plant metabolites (primary and secondary) in different plant tissues (LC-/GC-MS) of different organisms = metabolic profiling
- Greenhouse: plant harvest, grinding, aliquoting
- Lab: cloning of candidate genes, transient overexpression
- Computer work: getting to know tools for image analysis
- Enrolled student in the field of plant science, biology or similar subjects
- Experience in basic molecular techniques
- Good English skills
What we offer
- Thorough familiarisation with the area of responsibility
- Employment with max. 20 hours per week
- Payment of 12.00 /13.03 EUR per hour (without / with Bachelor‘s degree)
- 20 days holiday per calendar year (with a 5-day week)
- Good public transport connections
- Free parking on campus
- A campus canteen with a wide variety of food
The Max Planck Society is committed to increasing the number of individuals with disabilities in its workforce and therefore encourages applications from such qualified individuals. Furthermore, the Max Planck Society endeavors to achieve gender equality and diversity.
Then we look forward to receive your application documents by 15.06.2023 to the e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions, please contact the e-mail address mentioned above.