Max Planck Institute of Molecular Plant Physiology, Potsdam-Golm
Plant Research Structural and Cell Biology Physiology
Type of Job
Job offer from March 28, 2017
The Max Planck Institute of Molecular Plant Physiology in Potsdam invites applications for a Postdoctoral Position in mass spectrometry-based proteomics to join small molecule signaling project in the group of Prof. Dr. Lothar Willmitzer.
- Small molecule signaling group pursues protein-small molecule interactions in order to better understand small molecule signaling and regulation.
- We work with Arabidopsis, tobacco and yeast
- We combine: biochemistry x biophysics x mass based metabolomics and proteomics
- Small signaling group is composed of people from all over the world with various scientific backgrounds, our working language is English.
- MPI-MP performs cutting-edge basic research in plant biology
- We promote gender equality
- Develop new experimental approaches to analyze protein-small molecule interactions
- Perform routine sample measurement including maintenance, troubleshooting, and method development for various experimental approaches
- Exact scientific project will be shaped together with the applicant
- We offer two years contract with a good chance of extension
- Payment follows German TVöD (Collective Wage Agreement for Government Service Workers) depending on qualifications and professional experience as well as various fringe benefits in accordance with public service provisions.
We are looking for
- candidates with experience in mass spectrometry-based proteomics (from sample preparation, machine handling to data analysis),
- somebody who is keen on data analysis,
- somebody who has a biochemical background,
- experience with LC/MS based, untargeted metabolomics would be a plus.
Max-Planck-Institut für Molekulare Pflanzenphysiologie
Am Mühlenberg 1